Thursday, January 6, 2011

and the test results are in!

I am trying to be better about updating this than I was about the wedding. The wedding was just too much.. not to mention all the other weddings that were going on in the mean time. All were fun though!!
As a warning, this is a pregnancy blog so some things may seem a little “TMI” or “too much information”. But it is what it is and I’m not the first person to go through it. Or even blog about it for that matter. But, you may find out more than you wanted to know… and this is one of those entries.
So earlier this week, I received a phone call from my nurse notifying me that my pap smear had come back abnormal. Apparently, on a scale of normal to cancer, it was right in the middle. So my doctor told me that was considered good news. Needless to say, I immediately made the appointment, got off the phone, and cried a little at my desk…at work. Whoa there hormones!
After some research online and contacting my recently pregnant cousin in law, I started to feel a lot better. Seems to be pretty common and doesn’t usually effect the baby. (Whew!!!)) I had never had an abnormal pap and was of course terrified. Besides my immune system usually failing me, I usually have extremely typical symptoms of any cold, or virus. I’m just usually a textbook case. So when I heard I had an abnormal pap. I freeeeeaked! And I was kind of embarrassed. I didn’t know how it could happen cause I never had to look into it.
As it turns out, it could be a myriad of reasons! Pregnancy is one of them.
So my appointment was today, and the doctor and nurse were terrific about keeping me calm. It hurt, but not so bad I had to scream or anything. Just extreme awkwardness. Things are being moved around down there that don’t usually move around! They started with a colposcopy and she saw 2 areas that were a little abnormal and then proceeded with the biopsy. I’ll get the results here in a few days and can only hope its good news.
On a good note, all my blood tests came back negative! Yay!! No STD’s no HIV, (not that I was worried or anything), good hormone levels for baby, and I’m not a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis!
Next official appointment is planned for Jan 25th and I can’t wait to see how my little green olive is doing!

As for the morning sickness…. Oh yea.. she’s still there. Lingering around from wake up to noon and later sometimes. Even better, I managed to catch a cold, so on top of the nausea and mild vomiting, I have a fever, sore throat, running nose and a cough. See… this is what I meant by my constant failing immune system. So, as you can imagine, I’ve been a peach and my wonderful husband has been a saint. Only 3 more weeks and I’m out of this first trimester and I hope the MS ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment