Monday, May 17, 2010

Over worked, over whelmed and over loved

Yea, the title is a little narsastic, but after watching "Julie and Julia" for the first time this weekend, isn't that what a blog is?? haha

So I have been working over time everyday this last week as well as working on saturday. I also get to repeat this process this week!! I was sooo tired on saturday and sunday from everything that has been going on, that I feel asleep at 630pm both nights. It was crazy. I also slept for 10-12 hours per night. Usually when I over sleep, I feel groggy the next day. I definitely don't feel groggy, but I am still tired. can't wait to be back on my normal routine. There is too much to do to mess up my schedule!

So one big thing, is wehave decided we are hiring a wedding coordinator for the day of. Although, this is a big help, it will not go without saying, she is NOT a wedding planner. I still have to figure everthing else out and let her know what is going on. Not the other way around. Wedding planners cost at minimum $2500+ in Seattle. Coordinators are about $400-$2000. Depending on what you need. We're needing about mid range in there. She will be facilitating everything the day of the wedding. From coordinating vendors and making sure that both Cole and I are on time for things, etc. :) Unfortunately, there is too much and too many guests for me to be the head point person AND remember my role as the bride the day of. Although i have my bm, I want them to enjoy themselves at well. THey are no means "salves" for the day. They are my loved friends, and I will not want to treat them as if they were anything else. .....  that being too bossy?? well, of course I am asking them of other things, but those are surprises, and everyone has the right to say no :)

With that, I am also going to admit, I am NOT a low key bride. I knew that from the begining though. Sometimes, a wedding can become a beast bigger than yourself and there is nothing you can to about it. Esp, when people keep giving you "ideas" you can do at your wedding.... trying to remember all the suggestions based on how many guests, its exhausting and overwhelming!!!

If you can';t tell, im at the "details" part of the wedding planning. Shoes, songs, timing, photos, who walks with whom, who will be in what pictures, where will certain pictrues take place? Should I have my ring sautered together before or after, what kind of tie should the boys have, bridal party gifts, dieting, etc.

So for shoes.... I went to luly yang, to look at the bridget shoes. When i went I saw these other lovely ladies....


In person, they glisten and sparkle and its hard to not fall in love with them!!!! My ONLY problem with them, is they are 3 3/8 inches. Where as the bridget is 4 1/4 and I like high heels. Im short and even in my highest heels, cole is taller than me!!!! Oh well, these will probably be better for dancing.

Not sure what to decide still......

Lastly, I recieved the COOLEST thing in the mail this weekend!
Its a hanger for my wedding dress!


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Who'd you get the hanger from?? That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ETSY!!! I think the seller is Lilafrances and she was just featured in the new martha stewart wedding magazine :)

    ReplyDelete