Monday, May 24, 2010

Cole is such a good Bridesmaid... I mean Groom :)

So this weekend, I wanted to take time to finish some of the many little DIY projects I have been thinking of.

But before we get to my homemade stuff, I wanted to add a couple things to my wishlist!
First of all, I have been on a kick looking for shoes and I saw this picture!

(Photo: style me pretty)
They are obviously custom and unattainable. The bride works for a shoe company so they were able to get the soels made for her. They are soo nice though! I love them!
(Photo: "oh so Beautiful Paper")
Another is sationary. Since my bachlorette party in Las Vegas is "Twilight" themed, I thought these cards would be SOOO cute as thank you cards. But I can't get to them either as they are samples at the 2010 National Sationary Show!
(If you can't read it, it says "We go together like teen girls and vampires" hahaha)

So this weekend, one of my MOHs, Courtney helped me go shopping for all my supplies! Then, Cole spent saturday night and all of sunday helping me put these guys all together. Two of my projects are still unfinished. One, being the favors for the bachelorette, which I wont be posting until after the party and, two, my "just married" sign. Which I should get done tonight.

The easiest thing to get done was painting the hair on the wedding topper! The wedding topper I like, which I had previously posted, only came with a blonde bride. So I had to paint the hair brown. It was easy but nerv-racking!


Next, We had the letters "C" and "H" to put at our sweetheart table! These will not beon sticks at the table though and hopefulyl not lopsided either!



We painted and decorated paper mache boxes to create a "card box" to put on our gift table. I'm thinking I will have to add to it so people know its a card box. Is it tacky if I put "CARDS" on the front?
Heres the top

Heres the front
Lastly, the hair clips we made for our bridemaids and MOH's. The ones with 1 pearl are for the MOH's as I may change the pearl for them. We'll see!!


Yes, this plus adding coats of paint to the "Just Married" sign took all weekend. Hopefully I can get pictures of that up soon!

4 comments:

  1. WHOA, great job holly!!!! Seriously, I would love to help with some of this! Tim is gone, so I have lots of time haha!! I bet you are so happy you got these done! I think cards would be cute on it, of course in a nice font though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! the other thing I was thinking was like door hangers. one that says "Bride" and the other that says "Groom".

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely diy projects! i love the cake topper :)

    and lovely blog name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The H & C turned out really good!! Where'd you find the boxes? (I'm surprised I didn't get a victory text message, lol)

    ReplyDelete