Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wedding Planning: Venues, Where and When

I'm noticing that when you get engaged and "try" to soak in the feeling of just being engaged, the first thing everyone asks you is "when are you getting married? Where are you getting married?". I think its definitely out of kindness and showing interest in your celebration. But I dont know the awnser to those questions until many conversations with the fiance and parents are had. Buget, whos doing what, wedding party, where, what season, friday or saturday or sunday! There is just so much that needs to be considered.

I think, In the 2 weeks ive been engaged, I've already stressed out twice and thought "can we just go to the courthouse tomorrow?". The 2 main things that I have found stressful is 1. bridesmaids and 2. venue.

1. Bridesmaids: its diffcult having moved to a different state and creating my life up here. Now not only do I have family to consider, I have my Seattle friends and Roseville friends. Obviously my rsvl friends are LONG time friends, but my Seattle friends are my everyday friends. So, I've accepted the fact that I will have a somewhat large wedding party, and even then, I wont have everyone I want. I have already sent out my bridesmaids cards but havent recieved acceptions/rejections yet so I don't want to post who I asked. It was still difficult and there are people I didnt ask to be in the wedding party that I wish I could. But then I would have everyone up there with me! hahaha. I did take this issue as a good thing in a way. I have been very lucky to have a large amount of good friends to stay in my life and I couldnt be happier.

2. Venue: before the venue is the city! Sacramento or Seattle! While in Mexico, Cole and I had a lot of downtime and thought about the wedding. We decided that our lives and our relationship is in Seattle, therefore thats where we're getting married! Also, it would give everyone who said they would come visit and havent made it up a chance to come and visit! Then we both liked the idea of a fall wedding, so October. Now we're looking at venues and are flexible on the date. Whew!

So much to think about it makes me dizzy! Thankfully, I have a WONDERFUL fiance, and he is keeping me calm and being involved in the process. It really feels like I have a partner in all this and is a glimpse of what its going to be like to be Mrs Coulston Van Gundy, and it looks good :)

1 comment:

  1. Try not to stress too much. I can't give a whole lot of advice since I had a very small wedding, but my only advice I give people is this: If everything isn't perfect remember it's not the wedding that makes the marriage.It seems like you got a great guy and just think about the life you two will share :) Hang in there from what I hear planning a wedding can still be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete