Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Proposal

We have been asked a few times about how Coulston proposed to me. Its kind of a long story so starting this blog seemed like a good idea. So this is how it went.

It was Oct 16 2009 and I came home from a long day at work. I was super tired coming home from work friday night cause I spent a lot of time in traffic due to the recent rainfall. I was also kind of grumpy because Cole nervously backed up into my car eariler that day at lunch (later to find out it was due to nerves). So im home, going up the first set of stairs, and looking around the dining room as I usually do as a joke like "so is there anythign special up here". Everything looked normal and I was really tired. Obivously Cole was starting to make dinner, (salmon and rice) and wanted my help. So I go in the kitchen and he asks what he should do to season the salmon. I brush him off and say "anything, im gonna go lay down on the couch" So Im headed over there and he pulls out something from under the skin and he says "Why is this here? Did you do this?" and it was a How to propose: Seattle Style book that we got fromt eh jeweler months ago. And Cole has been hiding it from me since. So I REALLY didnt think anything of it.

So i say "no, im sure you put it there to hide from me and forgot about it!" So I proceed to the couch. And he brings the book to me and says "well, you can read it now if you want since I already know how im going to propse to you." So, the smart a*s i am, grabs the book by the corner and shakes it as if I was shaking something out of it. Nothing comes out so I say "Nope, nothing im interested in, in here" and I throw the book on the couch. Then Cole picks it up and hands it back to me and says " I think you should look at page 28. " STILL, I didnt realize what was happening and I thought it was just going to be a good story. Im flipping to the page and the ring is inside the book. Then Cole got on one knee and asked to marry him. My response was " I messed it up, didnt I! But yes, I will marry you"

And now we are on our way to possibly one of the most stressful years' of our lives.... the year of wedding planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment