Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween 2009 and before

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but every year I try again to enjoy myself. :) My first year in Seattle was a good time.

Oct 2006: One of my better Halloweens. Cole and I were just friends, but starting to test the waters on dating. I recieved tickets to the University of Washington Homecoming game vs ASU and it was a package deal. I got the tickets from a Husky Alumni that just happened to be a VP at work at Matson. I took Cole along with me and we got to take a boat from Mercer Island to the UW stadium. Free food and drinks all day. Once we docked up, our seats were fantastic! We watched the whole game. I monitored the cheerleaders technique and Cole watched the game while "putting on the moves". The arm around the shoulders, sitting closer, offering me a drink, and cracking jokes. Once we got back, we parted ways and I met with my friends to go out. Cole stayed home and fell asleep :)

Oct 2007: I had just quit my job at Matson realizing my lack of interest in sales. So I was unemployed. It's never fun being unemployed. My roommate kindly paid for my costume and we all went out to a party. Unfortuntely, the night ended with a very bad fight with my roommate and somehow I felt somewhat reminded that I was sadly unemployed and Cole had been away for a month.

Oct 2008: I was working at a company I had never heard of before. I was there a decent amount of time and trying to make the best of my time there. Although I enjoyed my job and duties, I was still uneasy about the company. Trying to be festive, I dressed up for halloween in my old cheer uniform that I suprisingly fit in. Mid way through the day, I was laid off. IN MY CHEER UNIFORM!

Well, now for Oct 2009...so far so good. I got engaged to the most amazing man in the world, who was literally the boy next door that I never met. (Side Note:When we are back in Roseville, we drive around late at night and point out places we went to when we were younger and how different our expierances were. But then there are areas that we've both been to and probably at the same time!) I had a fantastic birthday with all of my friends, and got to go to Mexico and had a blast! Now I get to plan a wedding with Cole... things are going good. Now. If I can only figure out a "get thin quick" plan for this wedding :) hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment