Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Its all coming together... yay!

So many things feel like they are finally coming together! It’s great! Invites should be in soon, and out in a couple weeks, my shoes are in, my dress is in, my belt should be mailed today, starting to collect “wedding night’ attire and thinking about wedding day jewelery! Done a hair and make up trial and Vegas is coming up!!!




Its fantastic to feel on track and not behind on anything. I love it!



I am still working on losing some inches around my body. Im more worried about the inches, than the pounds. I am trying to eat smaller portions, healthier foods, trying to avoid sugar as much as possible and keeping my lunchtime exercising! Its taking a lot of commitment to remember all these things.



With Cole being gone in Jacksonville this week, I am going to try on my dress again, with my shoes and hope I won’t need a hem alteration. With a lace dress, an hem alteration can easily start at $200, depending of the type of lace. It can just go up from there. Seeing that I have already spent a small fortune on my appearance for the wedding, I don’t really want to tack on too many more costs! Okay… I do want a little photo booth, but im pretty sure we can’t afford it haha :D



I have been watching all these silly wedding shows and it just makes me so excited! It also put things in perspective, that I am not the only person in the world to get married and to take a little pressure off. I just really hope I don’t cry during the ceremony. I hope I can just take it all in while its happening!



I think one of the most exciting things will be changing my name. At this point, when I think of “Mrs. Van Gundy” I think of Cole’s mom, but I know that in about 3 months, that will be me as well! So weird! Or to hear “for the first time, I present to you Mr and Mrs Coulston and Holly Van Gundy” . To not see the Johnson after my name…. and so many capital letters in my new name.



I know I may have mentioned it before, and its silly, but I am starting to feel more and more like a bride. I know being a “bride” isn’t that big of a deal, but it feels like it should be. It’s a title most (not every) girl wants to be someday, and it’s a little exciting  To feel like my wedding and pre wedding stuff is happening and to cherish all these moments of happiness with my closest friends and family is really exciting!



Ok, well that’s enough on my “feelings” for now. Haha



One of my bridesmaids, Stephanie, is throwing Cole and myself, a couples shower here in Seattle, in August! We’re actually both really excited about it! Sharon and Courtney and throwing the bachelorette party in july, with the help of the other bridesmaids, Stephanie, Tany, Diana and Lindsay. So we have some fun time ahead of us! Its really nice to have so many friends surrounding us and it really make this time special. Cole and I loving each other is an obvious given (ex: ring on my finger :) ) but to have so many friends and family supporting us is really touching and so wonderful!



Even my friend not in the wedding party! For example, my friend Amanda, helped me through the process of thinking of bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts(Bridesmaid: do not ask her what it is! :) ) and countless other things and my friend Erica doing my hair and make up for the wedding AND my bridal portraits (:) ) and all 17 girls coming ALL the WAY to vegas for the bachelorette!!!! Its just really makes me recognize how grateful I am to not only have Cole in my life, but all my friends and family…. Here I go about my “feelings” again haha.



Okay… I should end this blog before I get all teary eyed….


on a happy note, check out this photo gallery from SMP... how amazing is this venue! I didn't post pictures cause the whole gallery is drool-worthy :)
http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/gallery/a-simple-photograph+1693

No comments:

Post a Comment