Thursday, June 24, 2010

99 days!!!!

Today…. Thursday June 24th…. I patiently await a few lovely things in the mail today ..



1. My exciting new baby girl, my iphone4 :)

2. My invites!!! (I will posting them here in a few weeks once they are out in the mail)

3. More pieces to my bridesmaids gift

4. a mini girl night dinner with my ladies!!! Well that’s not in the mail, but its something im looking forward too!



I just can’t wait for my work day to be over so I can see all my exciting stuff!!! Even more so, Im excited to see Cole tomorrow.  HE’s so comfy and wonderful. I love that we can be away from each other, miss each other, but not fall apart,…. Anymore. I used to Cry to hard everytime he left, but now I have that sense of “he’ll be back soon and it will be great”. I guess it’s a little easier for me to say cause its only a week and he barely travels anymore. If he did travel more for long periods of time, I’m sure I’d be singing a different tune:)



Anyways, I was hanging out with my friend and AMAZING make up artist Erica last night (www.ericamadera.com) and we had recently talked about silly wedding terms we see on various wedding blogs. One of them being “Hot dog and two donuts”. Yes its like a fatty meal, but it actually represents 100 days till your wedding! Erica pointed out that yesterday was my hotdog and two donuts! OMG! 100 days away!!! Finally!!! Its starting to happen, its almost here, and the wedding planning is almost over! EXCITING!!!



Through my engagement, I have noticed a few things I would definitely do differently, knowing what I know now:

1. wedding planning is fun and exciting, but very time consuming, and can sometimes distract you from the point. (those vows of love and commitment to another person… yes… that is the point.)

2. Its never to early to wedding dress shop. Don’t feel silly going in before you have a ring. They are expensive, and you should make a very educated decision by looking at as many options as you can. Maybe even in just magazines. I wanted a A line at first, I ended up with a trumpet. I wanted no sleeves… I ended up with sleeves. Look at as many options as possible, don’t get pressured into a dress because it’s a “good deal”. Like your dress for the dress…. Not the price.(but of course, stay in your budget, don’t bother putting one on to “try” unless you can actually afford it…… after tax.)

3. When considering your budget, be realistic. Over budget, don’t under budget. Things add up. When we did our budget, I completely forgot about shoes…. Jewelry, hair pieces, make up, grooms gift…. So many things were left off that were ended up being not cheap.

4. Involve your bridesmaids as much as they want to be involved, or don’t have any. Its kind of easy for a bride to do everything themselves because you don’t want to feel like you are burdening everyone else with your wedding stuff. But some people, mostly your close friends and family, want to be involved!

5. Just because your wedding is expensive, don’t spend your whole engagement locked up in your house because you have to “afford the wedding”. Continue to go out and enjoy your time being engaged. Go camping, vacation, continue your hobbies. Stay happy and not miserable.



Those are the ones that come to mind as of now…. Just some words of advice. Im sure not everyone would agree with me, but its just my little option.



On to some pictures from one of my favorite blogs that I borrow ideas from!!!



So if you didn’t know… I have 2 wonderful doggies. One is a pug. His name is Brody and he is the most handsome pug in the world. Anytime I see a pug I get so excited. Brody doesn’t…. he apparently doesn’t think he is one, and the others are beneath him. But I saw these pictures on SMP and I had to share!







Lastly,…. Look at this girl’s dress!!! Isnt it beautiful! I hope to look that beautiful on my wedding day!!

1 comment:

  1. Good advice! Very cute pictures too! i love the part where you said Cole is so comfy! :) I think my honey is comfy too!

    ReplyDelete