Monday, November 23, 2009

Pre Thanksgiving Dinner in Seattle

This was a very busy weekend for Cole and I. I have to start with Thursday, so that you can get the whole idea. So, we knew on Saturday we were having friends over to have a pre thanksgiving dinner and wanted to supply a dessert we have never made. So we decided to be festive and made a Bouche de Noel or a Yule Log. NOT EASY! So thursday when returning home from work, we went straight into the kitchen and made our creation to our best ability. It had a homemade caramel creme filling, chocolate cake and marshmellow fondant. This was all covered in cocoa powder and made carved to look like actual wood! I forgot to take a picture, but it turned out good! Very sugary and all from scratch.

So on thursday night we made that, went to bed for 2 hours and woke up and went to the midnight showing of NEW MOON! I am a twilight fanatic and havent been this excited about some since I got a sweatshirt in 8th grade to say "H. DiCarpio" on the back. ( yes, that was to stand for Holly Di Caprio...the future wife of Leo. Although now, I am more thrilled to be a soon to be H. Van Gundy) anyways, we were there only an hour before showtime and the line was around the block!!! I couldnt believe how many parents in a small suburb like Issaquah would allow their children to see a midnight showing on a school night! I know I will not be the "cool mom" when I have kids. :)

We got home at 3am and woke again at 730am to go to work. Left work at 4pm on friday to start set up for the CMA alumni dinner, that I assisted my friend Stephanie in the planning for. This event went from 5-10pm. Then finally got home at midnight and went to bed, just to get up again at 7am to start all the other cooking for the dinner!


Stephanie came over at 730am to start cooking the turkey! We cooked ALL MORNING! We sat down to eat at 1pm and again at 6pm. Our feast included: turkey, pear puree, gravey, broccli and cauliflour, broccoli cheese rice, Jello and pineapples, Stuffing, green beans, dutch apple pie, yule log and I think that might be it! It was fantastic! oh yes, we also had this wine that you warm up and add spices to. We each got a bottle eariler in the year in Leavenworth and finally found an occasion to drink it!

Sunday we went and met Steph and Matt at the Fairmont hotel in Seattle for the festival of trees. A nice way to start getting into the holiday spirit! Matt pointed out this nice Twilight gift basket that was 85$. Cole was leaning more toward the $25 flower centerpeice though :)

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see the picture of the yule log!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete