Friday, January 27, 2012

my latest creations!

When I do actually find the time to get on the computer, I have been addicted to Pinterest and learning about all these new blogs!! 

One thing I try really hard NOT to do is say "I'm going to do this"... then never do it. I hope that for the most part that I do about 80% of the things I say I'm going to do. (one thing I thought I truely would do, then didn't was finish my prereqs for nursing school and still kick myself for not doing it.... maybe someday?)

So on pinterest there are lot of DIY things that I REALLY want to do! (as well as that fantastic list I created for myself in december). So below is a few pictures of my recent progress. 

There was a post on pinterest about a diy lace flower headband for babies! Heres the post picture:

Heres the one I made: (Micheals only had this one lace so I was a bit limited)

Woo hoo!! 

The next thing was found by my friend amanda, and its a "coming home from the hospital" shadow box! Heres the one on Pinterest:


And heres the one I made..with her premie clothes :)

Last but not least, I made a beanie for my baby! This was not on pinterest. I learned how to crochet on youtube, then found a youtube tutorial on how to make a beanie, and then also how to make a flower and ta-da!
The crown of the hat...



Finished product! The flower is flatter now though. It took me about a week to make, but mostly cause I was learning how to crochet while making it. The next hat will look MUCH better :)

One quick thing, these three things took me about a month to do. As I've mentioned before, there is a false sterotype that stay at home moms have TONS of free time on your hands. That is NOT true. I will say we have a little more freedom with our schedules(as the babies get older) to move things around and be available. BUT we're not just sitting there bored, doing nothing. Most of stuff I have been doing (the crocheting, projects, scrapbooking) has mostly been when cole is home from work. When I'm home, I take care of the baby. If I get free time(like now) I try to blog or shower or get something done for the greater good of the family.

But anyways!! I do think when Elyse goes to school, I'll have a little more free time :)

So what's my next project?? Another hat, and hopefully more scrapbooking. I am looking forward to being DONE scrapping booking my wedding!!







1 comment: