Monday, March 14, 2011

Yoga and Body Aches

Nothing too exciting to report with the pregnancy..




We’re on week 19 and a baby bump picture should be up sometime this week. I believe I’m continuing too grow and haven’t hit much of a plateau in awhile. I can tell because sleeping in a comfortable position has become close to impossible and between my frequent bathroom breaks and hip/joint pain, sleeping soundly has become a thing of the past.



I am constantly looking forward to my next possible massage and have found that sitting in a pre-natal child’s pose and having Cole massage my back is one of the highlights of my day. My breast have grown so much that the only way my shoulders and chest find relief is when I lay on my side.



This prenatal yoga class has actually been really great. I am not usually into yoga or Pilates because I like cardio classes. But since that’s not an option right now, and thanks to a friend, I’ve found a new appreciation for yoga! It stretches me and so accommodating to pregnancy. Some of these positions are just simply comfortable to be in rather than feeling like “work”. Don’t get me wrong though, downward dog still hurts my wrists and plank isn’t something I can hold for longer than a millisecond, but its become more and more interesting to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment