Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wedding Shoes and Honeymoons

My recent studies on all things weddings, is wedding shoes and honeymoon. For the wedding shoes, I have seriously looked high and low.... via internet, for what I think would be the best fit for me and my wedding dress. Problem being, my dress is very vintage and all the shoes I'm attracted to are very modern. I've noticed the trend where brides will not bother matching the dress and the shoes. They will have a beautiful white lace dress, then hott pink satin strappy sandals! It looks great! Then they would match the shoes with their flowers and so on.

For me, my dress is Ivory lace, and I like these white satin shoes.... I know its really not a big deal, but they are Christain Louboutin shoes and not exactly shoes I would EVER consider dying. So the difference is, would it look so bad to have white shoes and a Ivory dress? I get that most people will think I'm crazy if I think people will notice the difference between white and ivory.... but sadly, brides notice. The other option is they have the same style in Navy blue. Apprently Navy blue is a nice twist as the new "something blue" color rather than baby or tiffany blue which seems to be more popular. So with that, it would be kind of nice.... . BUT my wedding colors are eggplant and mango. (colors that sound like food appeal to me :) ) So it would be very miss matched..... The last thing I was thinking was go with a completely different shoe and find one in dark purple. This has been a failed serach thus far....so if anyone sees any that look good, let me know! I prefer a high heel....

This is the one I'm eyeing right now:


As for the honeymoon, when Cole and I were first talking about marriage and thinking about wedding plans, our first thought was to think about our honeymoon. We both wanted to go to Ireland. Neither of us have ever been there, but I'm half Irish and Cole's just been interested! Anyways, I have a huge fascination with the movie P.S I Love you.... now, maybe its cause the main character's name is Holly and there is a dog in the movie named Brody, but other than that all the views and shoots of the Ireland countryside has really made me think of it as a romantic area. Cole and I are the type that like to have our lazy time near a warm fire place and cold weather, and then we also like the city life and exploring new things. (except food.... im very closeminded when it comes to food)

So before the recent weeks, when people asked where we were planning on honeymooning we have said "Hawaii" because really, its an easier trip to go to the islands and use our Alaska Airlines miles and go for 50% off. But after some consideration we decided to go and do what we really wanted and go to hawaii in 2011. So the plan as of now, is fly to Ireland (haven't decided if we're flying into Shannon or Dublin) spend a week there Bed and Breakfast hopping, head to London for a few days, then to Paris, and fly on home! Since it is a few locations we're taking 2 weeks off rather than 10 days. I've been lucky enough to have gone to London and Paris, but it will be Cole's first time, so hopefully he'll enjoy it! now..... how to teach Cole some French.....:)

Ireland (Northern)



London

Paris

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue shoe :) very Carrie bradshaw in Sex and the city movie, but I am very traditional and understand your dilhemma. Also If you do go to Ireland I recommend buying a "lonely planet travel guide". My boss has always used them and I just bought one for puerto rico. You are supposed to keep them and trade with others when your done too. I just bought one off of amazon.com for 10 bucks or Barnes and nobles has them. :) Ireland sounds amazing and so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete