Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Traveling Co- Maid of Honor

So I have been reading my cousin/Co-MOH's blog and It makes me miss her so so so so much! She is traveling throughout Asia for the year and writing a blog on the way with her wonderful boyfriend, Jason. Their site is http://www.lifeaftercubes.com/. I follow their travels so attentively that every time they come out with a post, I am sitting on edge to read it! They look like they are having such an amazing time and I am so happy for them. I am also very jealous that they exploring the world with each other and going on this once in a lifetime trip. They saved plenty of money, quit their jobs and set out to asia with no real itinerary and decieded to go where ever they would like, with their visas permitting of course. Something that I could only dream of doing!

What does this have to do with wedding stuff besides the fact that she is my MOH? Well, she has been doign what she can while overseas, and traveling. She has been assisting in planning my bachelorette with Courtney, my other MOH and designing my website. She has also been around to listen to all my wedding planning and letting me know when im starting to get cranky about silly subjects. We email back and forth on almost a daily basis and I always look forward to the next email. She has really done an amazing job for someone who is not only on an opposite sleep scheulde, is out of the country and never in the same spot!

So about the wedding, and how this ties in; her travels have really inspired Cole and I to travel somewhere and have more of an adventure like theirs. Although, we are not leaving our jobs or are able to be gone for a year, we are spending 2 weeks in Europe. Okay, so I understand that going to Europe seems somewhat typical to some people since many people go on a back packing trip to Europe after college. But we didn't want to go somewhere where we would have a diffcult time understanding things(this is our honeymoon after all) but we also didn't want to go to a typical honeymoon spot either. Both of us have been to Asia (Thanks CMA!) and we've both been to different parts of Europe. But niether of us have been to Ireland!


Sharon's trip is amazing because its Asia and with the amount of time they have, they have the chance to go visit different corners of Asia that many travlers would not be able to see in 10 days or 2 weeks. We will not be able to have a trip like theirs, but we're doing the best with what we have and are very excited to get a small glimpse of what Sharon and Jason are getting to experiance. Everytime I read their blog, it makes me more and more excited for our honeymoon!

2 comments:

  1. That will be so much fun!!! so romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I managed to miss this post... Haha! It's so good for us to hear that you love our blog so much because it makes us motivated to keep writing! Jason wants me to write a book about our traveling, which would be really fun. I miss you so much, and I am so happy for you and your wedding bliss! I absolutely can't wait for your wedding, also. I've been looking forward to it during our entire trip!!

    Love,
    Your Cuz,
    Your fall-asleep-on-the-phone friend,

    Shelong

    ReplyDelete