Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Wedding Blog - sorta (photography)

So I was thinking of how my blog has no real direction or theme and decided that the best, and most obivous theme for now is a wedding blog. While reading other wedding blogs, I have come to notice how supportive and nice other brides are to helping one another. With ideas, planning and the stress of having the production of a not-so-simple wedding.

I had never really been the girl who always dreamed of my wedding day and white dress. It just dawned on me when I realized that Cole was truely the man I wanted to marry and no one could possibly compare. We've been through our growing pains as a couple and in the end (obivously there was no real end) the good more than out wieghed the bad and I couldnt image someone more complimenting and perfect for me.


So with this wedding thing. Our wedding is turning out to be a medium sized wedding. Although thinking back on when we first got engaged and thought about what kind of wedding we wanted, im starting to wish I would have picked something smaller. Cole proposed on Oct 16 2009 and we will be getting married on Oct 2 2010. In total its about a year to plan everything. Im gonna try to be more focused on a subject as I go through them for the wedding.

First things first. I wanted a very specific photographer and designer for my invites. Azzura Photography. When I saw their photos, I was speechless! All the pictures looked so fresh and yet so romantic! It matched perfectly to what we envisioned for our photos. Not only that, when we met with Tanya our photographer, she was so nice and her pictures also had such a great artistic twist that I knew going with anyone else would be settling. Here is one of her photos I found on their blog that I just loved! And my fav of my little ones...



This is at Newcastle Golf Course. SO PRETTY!!!!



Tanya did a wonderful job on our engagement photos! We can't wait to see what she will come up with for our wedding. I decided to not post any of my favorite pictures from the shoot on this blog or facebook since I will be using them for my save the dates, christmas cards and guestbook. She really worked within our pricing and we very happy and comfortable with what we will be getting as far as products and service! When I have been chatting with other vendors and mention that Azzura will be my photographer, great praise always follows. One person also said "They are the cream of the crop!" They have a great program for couples like the one im in, who are being very price concerned but also quailty concerned. We have smaller package that includes everything we need but decided to not get our wedding album in our package. They have a program where you can get your wedding album on your one year anniversary, and you pay for it during the first year of your marriage instead of pushing yourself to come up with that cost as well while paying for a wedding! Its perfect!

I feel like the photography is really import not to cut corners on. Many people will say "you'll look at them once, and never again". I think it depends on the person and the marriage. During christmas, I took notice to the many wedding photos that families and grandparents have of their kids on the walls of their homes. So it goes to show, you may look at them once, but your loved ones will have them on display for as long as they can.

Another reason its important is that as a bride, you spend all this time planning and preping for this one day, one ceremony, one dinner, and one party. Every detail has a purpose and is a decision you and yoru fiance made. OF COURSE you want to remember it and have it photographed!!! Hopefully, you'll never plan another event like it again! Its your wedding, small or big, you'll never forget that day, and the pictures will help remind you of the details you were too busy to notice during the day :)




1 comment:

  1. your photographer looks great!! I think it is a very important aspect of the wedding planning and day :) Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete