Friday, January 15, 2010

Save the Dates and Invites

Aww, those very important things that let people know when and where you are getting married, but are really saying "please plan ahead, we would like to see you, we will feed you". Anyways, I have the please of working with a young and creative invitation designer! Since I havent worked with other invitation vendors, I can't do a huge comparision, but she is great from what I thought other invite designers would be like. I assume most invite designers would have a big company and you're one of a million brides that year. No matter how you go about it, your products will look like someone elses, and mass produced. Maybe in different colors, or sizes, etc. I am also assuming that with a bigger company, you can get lost in the mix. The many emails that come across, and all the specifics you may or may not wanted jumbled in with everyone elses.

The reason I have this impression is because with the many vendors I have met with, I get that vibe from some. If a vendor is having a busy day, and it happens to be one of the days you meet with them, they tend to forget everything about you. I've been called Teresa, Polly,and Paulie. (so far) The sad thing is, I dont even bother correcting them. (even though I should).

Anyways, back to my point, I am working with Tanya Williams at Designs by Tanya in seattle, and it has been like working with a good friend. She is very responsive and has a very fresh and young take on things. She is also very versitle in her designs. Even better, you dont feel like you have to come up with the design yourself! Either way, she is very flexible and makes you feel comfortable. (which is probably why I email her everyday :) )

Here is the WONDERFUL save the date Tanya did for us! I have not sent them out yet, website is under construction still.




Also, I've been working with her on a bridal shower invite for my friend Stephanie and my MOH's are working with her on my bachelorette party invites! Im so excited to see how they turn out!!! Obviously Cole and I love her work and are excited about workign with her for our invitiations too. But thats a couple months away.... wow.. it will creep up on me!

For any of you Washington Brides interested, here is her website. designbytanya.com

1 comment: