Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Erica and Derek's Wedding Shower Weekend!



Last weekend was a great weekend!




Cole’s Aunt and Uncle from Idaho came for a visit and we also hosted Erica and Derek’s wedding shower!



It was great to see Jody and Kim. They came on Friday and we have a nice dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. I’m actually still dreaming about the food from that night because it was so delicious!

I actually begged Cole to take me back there last night. Okay okay, I didn’t beg, I just pouted and stomped around the house. But he did good and held his ground on eating in. So he made me a salad from the organic groceries that had just come in and since I was in a foul mood from not being allowed to satisfy my craving, I refused it and ate a ramen instead. (and a pastrami paninni…shush. Don’t judge!)



So back to this weekend; Saturday was spent getting the wedding shower ready. We had put up a few of the decorations already during the week, as well as made a Boston Crème Pie.



This was a wedding shower for our friends, Erica and Derek (aka Derica) . I wanted to make it a little different than our usual dinner party with friends and also since it was at our house, I wanted to make it a little more than the same ol same ol, so I decided a theme would be best! Derek grew up in Boston and thought that it would be fun to do a Botson themed party! With my dad also being from Boston, I thought I would be able to get some ideas from him. Well, when I asked my dad for some ideas, I got more than I could have ever imagined.



Not only did he have some ideas, he asked his sister(my aunt) for some help as well! They sent me so many great things! Chips, coffee, dessert, soup and LOBSTERS! It was more than anyone could ask for and then some. They sent many decorations and fun things I could hang all over my house. The theme was extremely obvious when you walked in.



Although the shower was not a surprise to the couple, the theme was. Almost all of the food was Boston themed and I was really hoping that none of it was gross. The following was the menu for the evening:



Appetizers:

Deviled Eggs

Lobster Bisque

New England Clam Chowder

Wise and Cape Cod Potatoes Chips

Boston Baked Beans- Candy



Main Course:

Cooked Lobster

Quahogs

Mashed Potatoes

Veggies

Actual Boston Baked Beans

Boston Pork Roast

Sam Adams Boston Lager



Dessert:

Boston Crème Pie

Ring Dings

Devil Dogs

Dunkin Donuts Coffee



Thankfully, Derek did recognize everything and the couple seemed to really appreciate the party. It was a great night topped off with some games such as Boston trivia and the “engaged version” of the newlywed game! With everything going on, I forgot to take too many pictures but here are some!



(ps their wedding colors are blue and green)


Dessert Table

Decorations

Living Room Decorations

More Decorations and the "prize table"

Boston Post Cards and the fun "Masshole" Sticker

Appietizers!

Lobster Dinner!

Erica and Derek, the happy engaged couple!

the gang! (im that flash in the mirror!)


1 comment:

  1. you totally went above and beyond! Great job! Looks like alot of good food and fun :)

    ReplyDelete