Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2000-2010 Bullet Points

So this probably would have been better to do in January, but since I didn’t think of it till now, now will just have to do.




2000-2010 Wow.. another decade has past and yet celebrating the 1999/2000 New Years Eve feels like it was just yesterday. So I want to take a blog to reflect on this last decade. What brought this on in the end of April of 2011? Well, as I recently posted, I got a new car and in this car, they are giving me a three month trial of XM radio. When I first heard, I was like “LAME.. I won’t use it”. Well, 1.5 months later… here I am.. addicted to the 90’s on 9 and Pop2K stations. I flip back and forth between these two stations and listen to songs that bring back memories. Some are great memories that make me think of a less stress life and some are really horrible.



Well instead of bringing it all the way back to 1990, we’ll just go back a decade.



Also, the reason for the blog isn’t to give myself a huge “pat on the back” as its more for my to document my memories before I forget them. I mean, I do consider this blog a little bit to be like my diary… public diary so I have to be somewhat cautious about what I write.



So I will bullet all the things that happened in the last 10 years that I consider either to be big steps, milestones, great memories, or big memories to learn from. I won’t go into too much detail as that would make this much longer than it already will be.



So here it goes, bullet points for 2000-2010:



* Had my first kiss

* Got my first job

* Had/got(?) my first boyfriend

* Felt my first heartbreak

* Got my first piercing

* Realized I had a passion for dance

* Preformed my first solo

* Went to Prom

* Won my first cheer Jump-off

* Graduated High School

* Stopped Swimming in school

* Lost touch with some of my friends to a boyfriend

* Got my first car from my parents(as well as a second and third)

* Went to college at a CSU

* Learned to make new friends and truly appreciate my old friends.

* Landed my first internship

* Traveled internationally by plane, car and boat for the first time.

* Joined Student Leadership in college and became and RA

* Graduated College in three years

* Turned 21 and enjoyed it for many years, in many bars and clubs.

* Got my first career job with a company I wanted

* Moved out of state for the first time

* Made friends with people at a club randomly(and stayed friends)

* Tested a friendship and succeeded

* Learned (the hard way) to support myself without help from my parents

* Bought a car all on my own, with my own money for the first time

* Had my own apartment for the first time.

* Became responsible for a life besides my own (Brody)

* Met the love of my life

* Married the love of my life

* Adopted a Vizsla

* Became a homeowner

* Became pregnant and opening a whole new chapter for my family.



It’s hard to realize all of that happened in the last 10 years. But all for the better. I’m so happy to be where and who I am today and wouldn’t have done any of it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment