Friday, February 18, 2011

Kauai, Sharon's wedding and dealing with my hormones

Kauai was a great time!! Rather than bored with the details, ill just point out a few highlights and add some pictures!

Although it rained most of our time there, it was still great to 1. not be working, 2. be in weather warmer than 40 degrees 3. see whales from our window 4. Free place to stay (Thank Mom!) 5. not be working… oh did I say that already?? 6. be with good friends


Waimea Canyon - it's a little cloudy :)

Sunrise the second morning...

Luau at the Hyatt in Poipu

Jurassic Park Falls

Waimea Canyon from the Helicopter

Hanalei Bay

In the Helicopter

After Kauai, Cole and I flew straight over to San Francisco for Sharon’s wedding! It was SOOO fun! I was her matron of honor so I don’t have a lot of pictures from the actual wedding, but here are a few from the rehearsal dinner and pre-wedding ceremony :)
There isn’t any pictures of it, but when we were leaving, and I was saying bye to Sharon, I had one of those “obvisouly pregnant” moments. (I’m going to have another right now talking about it!)
I was hugging Sharon and our families goodbye. As I started to hug Sharon (oh goodness.. here it comes) I remembered that I won’t see her after her honeymoon…I won’t see her in a few months either… The next time I’ll see her is a year from now! The baby will be 5 months old! I forgot, that this was the last time I will see her until after she gets back from Korea! I was soo sad (and I’m crying …not loudly.. as I write this. DAMN HORMONES!) that I tried soo hard to stop myself from crying that I started to shake uncontrollably! I was shaking soo much I could tell I was shaking Sharon, against her will, too! Poor Sharon.

I don’t even remember what she said, but it was something along the lines of “stop” or “don’t”. I think she meant the crying and not the shaking :) Anyways, I of course started crying really badly that even after I was done shaking/hugging her I was still crying, even to the car. WOW. I didn’t think I would cry that much! I was definitely sad she was leaving, but it’s not like they are leaving indefinitely or something. I think it HAS to be the hormones and a combination of the fact that I will have to give child birth before she returns… which scares the living daylights out of me.
 

Rehearsal Dinner Fun


the DRESS!


Amazing Shoes


The Bride is ready!




Lastly, I’m now going into my 16th week!! Now that I can admit I’m starting to “show” I’ll start posting pictures. Let’s just be honest, I’ve gained weight from being so hungry all the time and I’m bloated as can be. I’ll definitely admit, I’m a little bigger than some girls at 15wks, but I would still prefer the “you’re gained weight?” comments to just stop :)

So I’m “bigger” than most girls at 15wks, but from what I’m hearing… they will gain it all later :)


some Last Kauai Pictures
that black nub in the distance is a whale
Sunset the first morning

No comments:

Post a Comment