Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Shoes and a little note on the Bridal Shower

Im headed to California this weekend for my bridal shower in Granite Bay!


Cole's mom(Lenny)'s friends, Donna and Mary have offered to throw me a shower and I am so excited to see everyone! Almost all of my bridesmaids will be in one room at the same time. Almost. Sharon will be in Korea, and Steph will be in Seattle. But Courtney is flying down and the three Sacramento BM's will be there!

Im more excited just to see everyone rather than open gifts. Opening gifts is so awkward! I guess I'll get over it with a glass of champange in my hand. I'll post pictures, if I remember to take any...

So, Im back on the big shoe hunt again!

So before I had found my dream wedding shoe. It was a white satin Christian Louboutin that was a d'Orsay Bow T style... I found a place that sold it. I ordered and a month later it came in.... The box was very shabby and have Chinese characters all over it! You can only imagine what I'm getting at here. anyways, I opened the box to see my babies.... and immediately, I could see the cheap looking satin and flimsy structure.

It hadnt even entered my mind that I could possibly be buying fake shoes..... and that is exactly what happened. Worst of all... they were not cheap in price but they were cheap in quality. I emailed the company and complianed. They offered me a $15 refund. ha!!! So, in true Korean form, I complained more! First off, they were LATE! they should have been in within a week of the order date, second of all they were the wrong shoe! The shoe I had ordered had a blue inside sole, this sole was nude. NOT what I had asked for. I didnt even go into the fact that they were fake as i am sure it was a no brainer to the company that all of their shoes were fake.

I offered to return them with a full refund. They told me to keep them and they would give me about 45% back. I would have had to pay for shipping it back to china so I just took that deal. So now i have a lovely pair of fake CL's in my closet... awesome. And guess what... I dont care. I spent a pretty good amount of money on them, Im going to wear them anyways! hahaha At they end of the day, they are still shoes! This is what I thought I ordered:


BUT they are not my wedding shoes. The quality is really cheap when you get a closer look at them and fit very loosly on my feet. I didn't decide to get one of the best photographers in seattle so they could photography my wanna be CL's. I know I sound like a brat right now, but really.... would you wear them to your wedding?


So, where am I now? Still shoeless.... Good thing I have month ahead and this didnt happen right before the wedding. Whew! :)

I have a few contenders at the moment though:


Here is my favorite so far, but Im not a huge "platform" fan. But I love the blue sole, and combinations of diamonds and perals!


And how cute are these bottoms!


Ok, well I still have time to think about it. I like the elegant look of the Badgley Mischka but I like the fun look of the pour la Victoire. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I really like the first Badgley Mischka, I think I love them actually :) The last shoe is definitely awesome and definitely more of a statement. I guess it depends on your jewelry. Also heel straps are always more comfortable, so go with that idea :)

    They are both great!! I like the blue as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I mention before that my BFF (Tiffany Quinn) went through this SAME ordeal with the SAME shoe?! She ordered them and realized they were fake but she still loved them nonetheless! lol.

    I also love that first pair od Badgley Mischkas! Those are hot!

    I was VERY particular about my wedding shoes, too. I settled on a gold pair of manolo blahniks and I have only worn them on my wedding day and to the SATC movie, lol!

    You'll find something you absolutely love, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!1 Thats crazy tiffany had the same issue with the same shoe!!!! I love them, but they are also not as high and I was hoping... :( I'm trying to avoid paying to hem my dress :0 )Oh well... still hunting!

    ReplyDelete